sábado, 21 de enero de 2012

Riverwhore




Don't look at me like that Madame.
I am a bitch
just like you.

I am your husband's
sexual slave
when you are tired
and your kids are asleep.

I also thought
I could never do it.
But I left my heart
           behind,
hidden,
that useless organ
gives no money
but headaches.

Don't be so silly Madame.

I closed my eyes
and went ahead.
I did it,
and He paid for it.
I felt pity for him,
He showed none
for me.

But I sucked,
I ride,
I went on,
I received my money
and I went nowhere
to wipe my tears
                 alone.

Don't be hypocritical Madame.

I'm a bitch
just like you
I sell my body
to everyone
you sell it
to just one.  


Picture: Picasso-Weeping Woman

4 comentarios:

  1. WOW! What brought THAT on?--grin!

    A good piece of narrative writing Anne Frank! Sorry, it just sort of startled me (HA!) who am I kidding?

    Do we not all 'sell ourselves' in one way or another? I feel so non-macho...because i could never engage in sexual activities--paid or not--without some feelings , some tenderness, some bit of passion or compassion. (Maybe I need psychiatric treatment?--grin!

    But you have brought out the truth of so MANY situations of that nature. Good. Short.
    Thank You.
    PEACE!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. soooo true. So very true. In so many ways we are whores in disguise.

    ResponderEliminar